Hospital Equipment Fund Header.png

Hospital Equipment Fund

Help us to invest in Mildmay's future

Raising funds to purchase medical and therapeutic equipment and maintain the physical environment of Mildmay Mission Hospital.

Mildmay Mission Hospital's charity works to enhance the physical and therapeutic environment of our UK hospital for patients, staff and visitors. Thanks to your generous donations, our charity is able to fund projects which, each year, touch the lives of the hundreds of people cared for by our UK hospital.

From time to time, we need to purchase or replace important equipment that helps with the care, rehabilitation, and recovery of our patients. As you can imagine, our medical and patient-care equipment gets a lot of use - more so now than ever because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has seen our patient numbers increase significantly.

If we cannot get the funding we need, we might need to dip into our charitable reserves – something that we should only do as a last resort!

external-link-icon-white.png

From our shopping list:

GE-MAC-2000-ECG-Machine-4.jpeg

GE Healthcare MAC 2000 ECG Machine £6,288

Our ECG machines are quite old and need replacing. As you can imagine, these are important pieces of equipment and we need to purchase two new ones. One has been funded from our charitable reserves, but we hope that you will help us raise £6,288 to buy a second unit.

What is an ECG machine?


An ECG (electrocardiogram) is quite a simple test that can produce important diagnostics. It is used to check a patient’s heart rhythm and electrical activity. Sensors attached to the skin are used to detect the electrical signals produced by a person’s heart each time it beats. These signals are recorded by the ECG machine and are looked at by a doctor to see if they're unusual.




When an ECG is used


An ECG is often used alongside other tests to help diagnose and monitor conditions affecting the heart. It can be used to investigate symptoms of a potential heart problem, such as chest pain, palpitations (suddenly noticeable heartbeats), dizziness and shortness of breath.





external-link-icon-white.png

We are a charity providing specialist services to the NHS, not an NHS or private hospital

Running any hospital is hugely expensive. We get about 80% of our funding from NHS contracts. As a charity, we depend on your help to raise the remaining 20%. We don't make a profit and all your donations are invested in our services and facilities.